“He’s a very smart player, he’s really good around the net, but his skating has allowed him to drive play and get through the neutral zone, get out of D-zone,” said Colliton. “Obviously, he’s playing with a couple pretty good players, but he can help them get out of D-zone and get attacking off the rush and in the offensive zone. It can really help us. It was a very strong game for him.”

• Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen on the now-departed Pierre-Luc Dubois: “Once the player and the agent wanted to engage in the talks and we agreed on the length, it was a very easy process. There was nothing about these negotiations and I wish that Pierre-Luc would tell the truth about why he wanted out. He hasn’t even told me; he hasn’t told his teammates or anybody else. It certainly wasn’t about contract negotiations; I can assure you of that.” [TSN]

The exact nature of Wilson's injury beyond a lower-body issue is unknown. Wilson says it did not happen during one specific play and is not an issue he has dealt with before.Ottawa Senators

nhlfansjersey.com
Fanatics Sports Apparel Face Masks

Wheeler gave the Jets the lead with a power play goal, thanks to a tripping infraction taken by Edmonton defenseman Darnell Nurse. Wheeler took a pass along the goal line and banked the puck off Oilers defenseman Kris Russell and past Koskinen into the goal.New Jersey Devils

[Image: deda3b09d83b55452784bbe725544ed34458061a...50x250.png]

And those were the exact areas that Bergevin addressed with the additions of Toffoli, Anderson, and Jake Allen among others.

John Klingberg collected three assists in the opener, while Joel Kiviranta produced one goal and one helper.Washington Capitals

[Image: deda3b09d83b55452784bbe725544ed3fee170a5...50x250.png]

Tuukka Rask stopped 22 of 26 shots in regulation time. He was also perfect in three shootout rounds.Montreal Canadiens